Click the image above or right here to read the article.
1. Why do people say “dead as a dodo”?
2. How does the suffix less change the meaning of flight?
3. How many years ago was the last dodo killed?
4. Why couldn’t the dodo fly?
5. Why don’t we know exactly what the dodo looked like?
6. If scientists can bring back extinct animals like the dodo, should they?
7. After reading the article, what questions do you have?
E X T E N D . . . .
1. Create a comic strip about the dodo. Include what you learned about the extinct bird from the article. Click here for free, blank comic templates available for download and printing.
I like this format. I’ll be back with my son for some reading comprehension and writing exercises with you. Thanks.
Thank you Liesl.